Friday, July 8, 2011

Our God is Healer...

I don't even know where or how to start this blog...It's 1:00 am, and I can't sleep because I'm overwhelmed with God's unending love for me. As I lay here and think back on the last year of my life, I can see God's hand at work in my life in so many ways.  His goodness to us blows my mind. 

Have there been bad things in our lives?  Oh yes, there have been...
Trials...yes.
Heartache...yes.
Bitterness...yes.
Questions...yes.
Stress....yep, lots of that. ;)



But....Here's the best part of the story:
Healing...in more than physical ways.
Grace...in ways I can't even put into words.
Protection...beyond belief.
Provision...ALWAYS.
Comfort...through friends, family, & the Holy Spirit. 
Friendships...Formed with people that have changed my life. 
Spiritual Growth...Wouldn't trade the trials for anything now because of where He's brought me.
Blessings...I couldn't even begin to count them.

Friends, God is so faithful to us.  He is truly indescribable. One of our major battles this year has been our journey of Leukemia. 

Today, July 8th, 2011, God brought what MANY of you have been praying for over the past few months-new bone marrow for Mr. Curtis.  How scary it was for our family to think that there wasn't a "match" for Mr. Curtis.  Explaining this to a 6 and 3 year old was not very easy.  They prayed for their Papa every night.  We weren't sure how God would answer our prayers, but we prayed faithfully... God knew there was one...He even knew that it wouldn't be a "perfect" match, and all of the extra stuff that would bring for the willing donor.  He heard our cries...and though there was a lot waiting...He never left us. 
"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up." James 5:15

Why can't we trust Him?  My personal answer to that question is "control."  I like to be in control (I know many of you are laughing at that because you know me so well, but it's true).  

As I lay here, I think to myself, "How can I NOT trust Him?"  Why do we worry? Oh Lord, help us to lean on You more.

The following quote is written in Ann Voskamp's book, 1000 Gifts.  I wanted to share it because I read it today, and it hit me hard...
"You would be very ashamed if you knew what the experiences you call setbacks, upheavals, pointless disturbances and tedious annoyances really are.  You would realize that your complaints about them are nothing more nor less than blasphemies-though that never occurs to you.  Nothing happens to you except by the will of God, and yet [God's] beloved children curse it because they do not know it for what it is." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

So precious friends and family...
This post is a huge THANK YOU from all of us Reeds to all of you who so faithfully brought our family before the throne of God day after day.  God is true to each of His many promises.  Thank you for believing those promises and crying out to Him. 
"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 
2 Peter 1:4

The battle isn't over yet, and I'm convinced if we're living for Christ, we're always in a battle.  Mr. Curtis has many hard days ahead, but I have no doubt God will bring Him through. We are praying for complete healing.

Please scroll through the pictures below, and as you look at them, thank our Father for each answered prayer you see.

The Journey...



































For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. I heard this just the other day: "Worry is practicing atheism." Now that's hard to swallow. I love reading your blog, Dana. Very uplifting. Thanks :)
    --Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete