Thursday, June 23, 2011

He Knows My Name

As many of you know, MBC kids will be leaving in the morning for  Children's Camp 2011.  I am so excited!!  Our theme this year is, "He Knows My Name".  This morning,  I was reading over the bible studies we will be doing with the children, and God really spoke to me.

Jeremiah 1:5 says,"Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a 
special work..."


God spoke these words to Jeremiah.  As I researched a little on the internet, I found that many sources say that Jeremiah was around 8 years old when God spoke to him. WOW.  The Bible says God told Jeremiah that He set him apart for a special work. The Message translation says, God had "holy plans" for Jeremiah.

As I prayed over this devotion, and for the 11 year olds I'd be teaching this weekend, I realized that many times as adults we undermine the importance of these children.



Will you please pray for every tender little heart and the leaders that will be going with us this weekend? May these children not let anyone treat them as if they are unimportant because they are young.  We must teach them that they are examples to believers with their words, their actions, their love, their faith, and their pure life (1 Tim 4:12).  


Each year I go to camp with these kids, God teaches me new things from them...from their faith...from their love...from their attitudes. 

What can God teach us from the younger generation? I know I have learned a lot from the teenagers at our church.  Their selfless acts of service never cease to amaze me. 

We must continue to teach these children that He can use them, and He has amazing plans for their lives. May we never look down on them or make them seem as if they aren't important in God's kingdom.  After all, they are the future Church. They are the future pastors, worship leaders, missionaries, etc...What are we teaching them? By our words? By our actions?
 

What is God calling us to do?

1 comment:

  1. Dana, Thank you for your desire to serve God and work with the children of MBC. I will be praying for you and the other adults this weekend. I will also pray for the children so that God will touch their little hearts and speak through you and the other teachers and lead them to HIM, or lead them closer to HIM. I love you and am so proud of what you are doing through your blog. I hope you have a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete